Good afternoon today is Fri - Jul 20, 2018
Pictures What to do Where to stay Real Estate Tourists Residents Tell a friend Home

Search our preferred Naples business directory.

The Gallery

The Gallery

 

Ed Frank (extreme right) with his brothers at Frank's Garage in 1929. Located on the Southeast corner of 1st Street South and the Tamiami Trail. Although best remembered as the inventor of the swamp buggy, Ed Frank opened the first garage in Naples in 1927 and operated the town's first automotive (Ford) dealership. Frank's Garage was also the first commercial building on 5th Avenue South.

All text and most photographs courtesy Collier County Museum. Any use of this information without written permission is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved. Copyright 2002 - 2018 ExploreNaples.com.
 
Privacy Policy | Legal Statement & Disclaimer
Site design & programming by: Exploritech, Inc. - ExploreNaples.com All rights reserved.