Capt. Marvel Charters - Quick Links
Visit Our Website
Naples Fishing Blog
Capt. Marvel Charters - Welcome!
Naples Deep Sea Fishing Charters
Capt. Marvel Charters is an owner operated Naples Florida Fishing Charter business that has operated from the Naples City Dock since 1981. We provide offshore Naples deep sea fishing trips for up to six passengers aboard our 43’ vessel Capt Marvel.
We are the oldest Naples offshore fishing charter company that has continuously run from the same location at the City Dock. Our reputation, earned over the last 30 years, is our strongest asset. We take great pride in our repeat business and enjoy seeing our customers year after year.
Capt. Marvel Charters - Fishing Charters
We offer full and half day Naples deep sea fishing charters year round for up to six passengers. In the summer months we also offer multi-day offshore trips. Whether you are an inexperienced or seasoned angler, our Captain and Mate will provide personal service to ensure that your Naples fishing experience is enjoyable.
While the target species vary according to the seasons, there is always plenty of action. We primarily fish over either hard, rocky bottom or wrecks. The rocky outcrops are where we catch grouper, both red and gag; this is our specialty. The wrecks produce a more diverse mixture of fish: snapper, cobia, king mackerel, amberjack, permit, and goliath grouper. We stop at numerous spots during the course of a day; fish will usually only bite for a short duration on any given spot and it is best to move on when the action slows.
Schools of king mackerel arrive in the winter months and we often drift through the schools using live shiners on light tackle. When the conditions are right the action is spectacular.
Half Day Fishing Charters in Naples
• Trip duration 4-5 hours, 8-14 miles offshore, morning or afternoon.
Full Day Fishing Charters in Naples
• Trip duration 9 hours, 20-30 miles offshore.
• The boat departs at 7am and returns around 4 pm.
• The types of fish caught on the two trips are similar. The full day tends to produce larger fish and allows more time to target several different species.
Multi-Day Fishing Trips
• We offer a 48 hour trip from May to September.
• This trip is geared towards the very serious fisherman.
• We fish in deeper water 50-70 miles offshore targeting large red, gag, and occasionally black grouper.
• The red snapper fishing is outstanding, but the season is very short. Call for details on this fishing charter.
What to Bring
• We provide the bait, tackle, ice, and license.
• Customers should bring what they want to eat and drink (you may bring your own cooler or use our boat cooler), sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and clothing that is appropriate for the season. Rain gear is unnecessary since it never rains on our vessel.
• Your fish will be filleted and bagged at the end of the trip.
• Many of our customers enjoy having their catch prepared at local restaurants. We have arrangements with three nearby Crayton Cove restaurants (Bamboo Café, Bleu Provence, and the Dock) to cook your catch.
Capt. Marvel Charters - The Boat
The Capt. Marvel is a very comfortable, 43’ custom sport fisherman.
• The vessel has a fully enclosed cabin with a large dinette and private restroom.
• The cockpit (fishing area) is shaded.
• We have a large built in live well, ample ice storage, and chairs for those who prefer to fish seated.
• For stand up fishermen the cockpit is lined with soft combing pads to ease the strain on your knees.
• Our boat has a 680 hp diesel (cruising at 15+ knots), state of the art electronics, and Coast Guard required safety equipment.
• Capt Marvel is a wide boat (16’ beam) that provides a stable, comfortable ride even on choppy days.
Capt. Marvel Charters - About Us
Capt. Marvel Charters is Naples oldest offshore fishing company having continuously operated from Naples City Dock for over 30 yrs.
Capt. Marvel Charters was started in 1981 by Tom Marvel Sr. and his wife Christine. After many years of commercial fishing out of Marathon, Florida for Spanish and King Mackerel they moved up to Naples in 1969. Tom Sr. continued to commercial fish in the fall and winter months and had a grocery business in the spring and summer months out of New Jersey. His lifelong knowledge of fishing greatly enhanced productivity on the charter boat.
Tom Marvel Jr. and his wife Lisa took over the business in 2003. They continued to operate the business with the same philosophy as Tom Sr. had done. Tom Jr. has been a commercial / charter fisherman since 1979. His accumulated fishing knowledge has greatly benefited the charter boat with technique as well as fishing locations.
Clarence Fleck and his wife Susan currently own and operate Capt. Marvel, carrying on the reputation and philosophy that has stood the test of time. Clarence started running the Capt. Marvel in 2011. Since 1996 Clarence and Susan owned and operated the 39’ sport fisherman The-Partner-Ship which specialized in offshore fishing. Clarence’s offshore experience coupled with 30+ years of accumulated fishing knowledge will ensure that your time aboard Capt. Marvel will be both productive and enjoyable.
Learn more about this Naples Off Shore Fishing Charter Company